I removed myself from facebook a couple of months ago, I un-friended all my “friends” and deleted my account. I never missed the interaction with people but after some time I did begin to miss some of the groups I belonged to, so a week or two ago I set myself back up again and just use it for the two or three groups I belong to. I didn’t use my email address to verify my account I used my mobile phone number. Despite this I have still had a number of friend requests, I have decided however, not to accept any requests and just keep my account for groups.
I dug my rotovator out this week from the locker where it has been parked since I last used it. To say it was ridden hard and put away wet would be an understatement. When I put it back it had a puncture and was stuck in gear. I had the thought of sitting there in the sunshine carrying out the repairs and giving the old girl a service. Spin the clock forward 5 months and I am now under pressure to make it serviceable. I dug it out of the locker, and when I say dug, I mean dug. I bought a couple of new inner tubes and set about replacing the tube on the punctured tyre, what a bastard! For the uninitiated the smaller the wheel diameter, the harder it is to get the tyre back over the rim, anyway after some sweating, struggling and swearing I managed to get the tyre back on after changing the tube and even managed to avoid catching the tube. After this I set about getting to bottom of why it was stuck in gear. On this model the gear is constantly engaged and relies on a manual belt tensioner which when tightened by a lever engages the tensioner and the belt then connects the engine to the gearbox. This just needed the cable adjusting, a quick pull on the start cord and the 200cc engine sparked into life and she was up and running again. She will get a lot of use as we clear the plot for the winter, the aim is to manure and cover up again till March/April. I still have some stuff growing, cucumbers, runners, butternut squashes, beetroots, tomatoes, medlars, brussels and celeriac. I expect most of this will be finished in the next 3 weeks, I can then get the soil turned over, fertilised and covered.
I have just come away from the 11th game of the season and once again the O’s come away unbeaten after beating Barnet 3:1. We are absolutely on fire this season and for the first time in about 4-5 years we look like a threat, we are looking like we might be a serious challenge for promotion this year. Up the O’s!!!!!
We are currently around the low point of the sunspot cycle so conditions have been poor for some time, this is the main reason for my lack of motivation to have a tap on the morse key. I plan to go up into the shack next week and have a play and get my ear in again to play a bit of morse.
I went to see another company this week with a view to joining them, the interview was very informal, I have known the interviewer for more years than I care to remember, I was very impressed with the set up, but am keeping an open mind. Watch this space!